Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Colorado | Valentines Day 2013

This year we were invited on a trip to Colorado during Valentines Day (week) with our awesome neighbors!  I had only been skiing once before and that was 6 years ago! 

We decided that yes, we were definitely on board and wanted to join! Over the next few weeks before the trip, we spent time figuring out all the little details and everything we would need for a 10 hour car ride, 5 days away from home, and a day on the slopes! Thanks to my dear Aunt Donna and Uncle Mike, we were padded from head to toe with ski gear! 


Thanks to Matt and Janelle and their great cooking skills, we had all of our meals cooked and ready before we even left Kansas City! (Crazy, I know!) That made things easy once we got there; just stuck everything in the oven, prepped a few side dishes and we were ready to eat! 

Down time at the Condo was spent playing card games (which I must add, I picked up very quick!), watched a few TV shows, talked about ourselves, and enjoyed the time getting to know everyone a little better! 

Friday afternoon we headed down to the Outlet mall and picked up a few things each of us needed. JJ and I decided that we were fools when it came to packing shoes, so we invested in a new pair each! :) 

(And believe me when I say, that was one of the best investments we made on our trip!)

After we finished up at the Outlet Mall, we headed across the mountains to Crazy Mountain Brewery! Sadly, they had an event going on the next two days, so the touring of the brewery was closed! :( We made due and just ordered a few flights to test out! 







As we were finishing up at Crazy Mountain Brewery, I looked outside and couldn't believe how BEAUTIFUL the sunset was! I grabbed my camera and ran out to get some shots! (I don't care how much of a tourist I looked like! I got some good pictures!) :)

(Same sunset, different photos!)

 That next morning was our time to SHINE! Seriously, it was time to hit the slopes. JJ decided to wanted to try out snowboarding.... let's just say it was a rough day! Poor guy was exhausted by the time we finished! 

I decided to just take the easy route and ski! I couldn't believe how quickly I picked it back up after not having skied for SIX YEARS! 

Needless to say the next day on the car ride home we were SOREEEE! It was miserable how sore I was! Even my poor little fingers hurt to move! (lol!) But it was all worth it, we had a blast! 



I can't even begin to thank Matt and Janelle enough for considering us and inviting us to join the fun! It is a vacation we all needed and a vacation we will never forget! :) THANKS! 

Here is the view from the condo....

(BEAUTIFUL, I know!) 

During breakfast one of the mornings Janelle and I had a little "camera class" :) Here is a picture from that! 

The boys bought flowers as a Valentines gift, so we borrowed them for a prop. We inconveniently put them on a stool in the middle of the living room, about 10 minutes after we took a few pictures Matt knocked them on the floor. (oops!) 




No comments:

Post a Comment